Thursday, March 09, 2006

My Hair

I knew right away from discussing things with my breast surgeon and oncologist that I would be getting chemotherapy. The three drugs that they are prescribing for me are Adriamycin, Cytoxan and Taxol. Everyone who takes adriamycin loses their hair. My hair is my crowning glory, my best asset, in my opinion. Its curly and down to my waist. Its taken 5-6 years to get there. I knew that I had to do something about my hair in regards to cutting it before treatment started. I decided that I was going to take control of the situation and be the one to decide when I was going to shorten my hair. I cut it myself the 1st time and I involved my kids and husband in the process. I trimmed 9 inches off. I didnt cry or get upset, I just did it. It looked really nice afterwards. I waited a week and then I went to a salon to get it cut shorter. The stylist cut off another 7-8 inches and now its chin length. I will not let this disease decide when and how I lose my hair. I will enjoy my hair up until the day it starts to fall out and then I will probably shave it.

No comments: