Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The Tests

I went in for my ultrasound on Feb 14th, Valentine's Day. The morbid side of me thought that if they did find something I would never forget that day. I was anxious and nervous about the whole thing but was thinking at the same time that it was nothing.
After the ultasound the radiologist came in and re-did my left breast and said that she found a mass and a small cyst. She wanted to get a mammogram to see if she could get a better picture of them but she said they would need to be biopsied none the less. I waited for them to do the mammogram and it wasnt as bad as I thought it was going to be. They had to take some magnifications of the area they were studying but it was OK with me. As long as I heard something good. After reading the mammogram the radiologist told me the same thing that she said previously and that I needed a biopsy of both areas. I set up the biopsies for the following week, Feb 21.

No comments: