Saturday, December 09, 2006

2 Weeks and Counting

I am so guilty of not keeping up with my blog and I apologize. So much is going on due to the holidays and I am busy knitting away in the free time I have left so that leaves no time to write in mine. I do believe that Christmas is 2 weeks away. I am so freaking out.

My Mom and I just got back from Toys R Us and I dont even want to say how much she spent. Crazy is one word for it. I rarely buy the kids toys anyway. When I buy them stuff its usually Play Doh or Art stuff and coloring stuff, not toys. They are in need of some age appropriate toys.

Things are well with me and I am healing nicely. I have an appointment with both my breast surgeon (she wants to see me since its a few months since the mastectomy) and with the plastic surgeon next week. The next step in the reconstruction process is going to be 6-8 weeks from 11/27 and thank God I wont be needing general anesthesia for that. The plastic surgeon said twilight sedation with a local is what they use for nipple reconstruction. Then after that heals comes the tatooing phase

Last night we attended my DH's Christmas Party. Everyone was surprised to see me there and said they were glad that I was able to make it. The food was pretty good but today there is a virus running rampant in the house. My Mom had it the other day and today my son was throwing up his guts and now I think my DH is getting it. I have done my share of puking and should never have to puke again so I better not get it! :lol:

My Dad surprised me yesterday by calling me and asking me, my DH and DS to meet him at a furniture store a few towns away. He told me that he wanted to get us a living room set for Christmas since we have been here over a year without one. We picked out a really nice sectional thats a rust colored microfiber, cocktail table, 2 end tables and nice lamps. My Mom said that he did it on his own, she didnt suggest it or anything but I am so happy that he did because now I can have a place for people who come over to sit and relax. I am also going to keep the TV out of the living room. We already have to many televisions and I want that room to be TV free.

My sister still hasnt contacted me. My Mom had said that my Dad spoke to her and that she was going to call and apologize. I knew immediately that wasnt going to happen. I have made the decision that I am not going to let her behavior dictate my life. I really dont care anymore and I dont want to have people like that around me anyway. I am going to try and not let this eat at me every day like it has been. I cant promise that it will happen but I am going to try, very hard. Another thing is I dont know anyone that would want an apology forced out of someone, its not sincere at all and actually hurtful. If the apology doesnt come from the heart its not sincere.

No comments: