Monday, December 11, 2006

A State of Mind

A few months ago I visited the library looking for knitting patterns. I was in the knitting book section, which stinks in my library (there are books literaly from the 1950's and 60's-not that its a bad thing but how about buying some new ones?) and came across a book with a book mark in it. It was a fabric bookmark that was very old and was taped onto a piece of plastic to hold it together. This is what it said:

A State of Mind

If you think you are beaten, you are.
If you think you dare not, you don't.
If you'd like to win but you think you can't,
it's almost a cinch you won't.
If you think you'll lose, you've lost.
Far out of the World you find success begins with a Fellow's Will-
It's all in The State of Mind


There was no author listed on it so I am not sure who wrote it.
I thought it fit the moment perfectly and still does. Its funny how it was right in front of my eyes when I needed it the most. I am wondering why I found it. I think I was meant to find it now that I think about it.
Someday I would like to put it back in the book where I found it so someone else can find it and be helped by what it says.

No comments: