Saturday, September 22, 2007

Hair Growth Update & Autumn's Arrival

My last haircut was July 24th (I think) and I dont have any plans on getting it cut any time soon. For these pictures I blow dried it straight for a date night out with my husband. As everyone knows I am CurlyBrunette and I do wear it curly 99.9% of the time but like some variety and wear it like this a couple of times a month for a change.

IMG_2274
IMG_2260
IMG_2286

You can see that my bangs are no longer really bangs which is great because I want them to grow out to be one length with the rest of my hair. Growing out bangs can be a very annoying prospect but I think I am passed the most annoying point of growing them out. I wont get it cut until it becomes annoying to me and needs a shaping. Maybe sometime before the holidays. I am trying to pull off that Veronica Lake look in this picture.

This is the pink raven bead made by Joan Miller that I purchased at the Connecticut Bead Society Show a few weekends ago. You can check out her other creations at www.joanmiller.com :
IMG_2288

Since it was the only pink one left I had no choice but to buy it. I am still trying to think of a name for it. Maybe the Pink Winged Boobie? LOL Oh, of course this is not for sale!

Still working on my Woolgirl Sock Club socks and am almost finished with one. I did a short row heel instead of the heel flap that was suggested in the pattern. It fits comfortably and thats what counts. I am certainly loving the yarn by Ms Babs and have to get my hands on some more.

Last night DH and I went to dinner and a movie to celebrate our 9th Wedding Anniversary. We went to an Asian Fusion place and the food was pretty good then we went to see "3:10 to Yuma" with my favorite man, Christian Bale. It was the best western I have seen next to Clint Eastwoods "Unforgiven". I am hoping Mr. Bale gets nominated for his superb acting in this movie.

I am having my first jewelry party in October and I am so excited about it. I am trying to get as many pieces ready for sale and that means I might have to put knitting on the back burner for a while. I dont want to do that because it seems I just got my mojo back and dont want to lose it again. When the kids are in school I am going to try and get as many things completed as I can.

There are many exciting activities coming up in October:
The Avon Walk for Breast Cancer~Oct 6-7, 2007
Two BIG Bead Shows in NYC~Oct 19-21, 2007
NY Sheep & Wool Festival at Rhinebeck~Oct 20-21, 2007
My 1st Jewelry Show the middle of October

Who can forget Pumpkin picking (which my kids went to do after school yesterday with my husband while I got ready for our date and bought the largest pumpkins I have ever seen) and apple picking. I dont plan on carving them until we get closer to Halloween because then they get rotten within a few days. Halloween is also another fun holiday that I have always loved. The kids are trying to decide what they want to be this year. Hopefully they will decide before Oct 31st!

Happy Fall/Autumn everyone!

2 comments:

Thursday said...

CB - your hair is looking great. Before you know it it will be long again.

Idealthursday

Curly Cable said...

Your hair is looking fabulous and shiney. i love your bead creation, so cute, not surprised she's not for sale. Look forward to seeing picture of your Woolgirl sock soon.