Friday, July 27, 2007

Pictures and stuff

I found this old picture of my cat in my phone and I wanted to post it here. It was taken sometime last year, I believe. I still find myself getting teary eyed when I think about him.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

In my experiments with wire I made this bracelet. Everything you see on it was made by me including the clasp. I didnt use sterling silver because I wasnt sure how it would come out but instead used silver plated copper wire. I still think its nice no matter what it is and I have been contemplating making it with copper in a smaller gauge.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here are two of the new Koigu colors that I picked up last week. They are certainly bright!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Some new knitting books, a cute Lantern Moon Notepad and Post-Its that say "SABLE-Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy":
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I am actually making the Moccasin Slippers in the Lion Brand Sock book. I finished one in an evening. I just have one more to go and then a FO that I can post here! Yippy! Can you tell its been a while since I had a finished object? LOL The slippers call for Lion Brand Thick & Quick Yarn and sizes 13 and 11 needles so thats why they are such a quick knit. It was so hot today I havent worked on the second one yet.

This bracelet was actually a kit that I altered a bit because it was about 3 inches to small. I added the small Swarovski crystals in it and in the earings.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A couple of kilt pins (or wherever you want to pin them if you dont have a kilt) I made from wire and awareness beads:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This one is made with a cross pendant and shell beads:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is a design that I have had in my head since buying these beads. Last night I finally put them all together and was so happy to see how they came out. I LOVE this set and plan on making another one with different colored beads.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Today was the last day of my son's summer school/camp. I was trying not to cry when I went to pick him up. The teachers that he had there were the absolute best and he loved them like they were a part of the family. His teacher, Wendy, refused to say good-bye and said that we have to come and visit next month because she is going to be in the classroom the whole month of August. I actually want to invite her over the house for a visit before my son starts Kindergarten. I cant believe that the summer is almost over. It has gone by so fast but I am not complaining because I HATE the heat or I should say the humidity and I welcome the fall weather anytime it wants to get here.

I dont know if I mentioned it in the last post but I went to get my hair cut last week. I havent had it cut since May and it was a tad unrully and in need of some dead ends being trimmed off. He didnt take much off, just a little. It looks so good when I left the salon then walking out into the blasting heat it melted or I melted actually and it curled right up! I love my hair curly but when its not long enough there is not enough weight to hold the curl down and it springs up. My Mom loves it and I do to when its 'just right' but when I have somewhere to go I blowdry it straight or in a flip. In other words I like to wear it different ways and there is nothing wrong with that. I dont make a habit of abusing my hair since its practically brand new! I forgot to take a picture after the cut but it looked exactly like the last time he cut it but an inch longer.

No comments: