Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Updates and stuff

I woke up this morning naseaus and dry heaving. I hadnt felt this way since the last chemo drug I was on many weeks ago. I took some Zofran and prayed that it would subside. My stomach started to hurt like hell right afterwards. It was a crazy morning in the bathroom, lets just put it that way. In between the bathroom visits I still was able to get the kids dressed and ready for school while my Mom gave them breakfast.

I had an Occupational Therapy appointment at the hospital today. It went well but my arm seems to have become more swollen over the past few days. I think it might have something to do with the heat and humidity we have been experiencing. The therapist said that I shouldnt wear my wedding band because its cutting off lymph flow back into my arm. I had to use soapy water to get this baby off my finger. When I was pregnant my husband had to purchase another wedding band for me because my original one didnt fit so thats what I am wearing now. I feel funny not wearing anything at all on my ring finger, like I am naked in a way.

After my appointment was over I had lunch with my husband. He was working today and his unit is on the same floor as my therapy. It was nice that the kitchen made us some turkey clubs with black bean soup and chocolate cake. My nausea improved and I was able to eat most of it.

On the way home I stopped at CVS to get some Tylenol PM. I have been taking Extra Strength Tylenol at bedtime with 25 mgs of Benadryl for pain and sleeplessness. Its been working really well for me and it helps with my allergies so I thought why not just take them both together? I think it will be easier than taking the 2 different drugs. I bought the generic CVS brand to save a few bucks.

Tomorrow I have my 6th chemo treatment, which is my 2nd out of 4 Taxol treatments. After tomorrow I will be 50% done with the Taxol and have only 2 more treatments to go and then I am officially done with chemo! I cant wait.

I have an appointment in a few weeks with the breast surgeon to discuss the bilateral mastectomy and also get some referrals for plastic surgeons. The wheels are turning and I am both anxious, nervous and a tiny bit excited over the whole thing coming to fruition. Hopefully I can update my journal tomorrow after my treatment if I am awake that is. This time I am going to try and sleep through my treatment (if thats even possible )

No comments: