Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Arm Improvement!

I had my OT appointment today and it wasnt as bad as I thought it was going to be. My OT took a look at the lump in my arm and knew immediately what it was. Where the heck was she when I was in the ER the other night?? I could have used someone who knew what the helll they were talking about. She examined my arm and said the lump was the broken "cord" or scar tissue that was forming the tight rubber band like cords preventing me from moving my arm. She made me move my arm in positions that I was unable to move during previous therapy sessions. I am so happy right now that I am making some progress with this arm!

After she did manual drainage (lymphatic drainage) which involves lots of massage of the arm, chest and back to get the extra fluid that has accumulated in the arm, out of the arm and into the lymph system. She them wrapped it to push the fluid out of the arm. She hasnt received my custom compression sleeve yet so I have to have it wrapped. I am supposed to leave it on until tomorrow morning but its annoying the heck out of me because its hot and a bit cumbersome. I can move it but not as much as I would like. I am going to try and leave it on as long as I can. I have another appointment on Friday with her. She also told me that the cord that broke is hung up with the other scar tissue but with all the therapy it will break up and readsorb into the body. More good news!

No comments: