Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Changing the name of my blog

I have been thinking about it alot lately but I want to change the name of my blog to something that is more appropriate to what it happening with me at this time in my life. I have been diagnosed with cancer, been treated for cancer, had 2 surgeries for cancer, reconstruction of my breasts due to their loss from cancer and have recently been declared cancer free. In other words I have suvived and I plan on surviving the rest of my life no matter how long that may be. Its also not just about surviving anymore, its about living and I know I have lots of that to do too!

My life will never be the same again and I have accepted that. It will never be "normal". I need to find a happy medium for me and my definition of what "normal" is.

Over the past few months knitting and crocheting have become my refuge so I know they will be in the title. I have a poll going on at TLHC to see which one of these titles win:

KNIT HAPPENS
PURL INTERRUPTED
CROCHET IT AIN'T SO!

Those were the top three my DH and I liked and seemed appropriate for my circumstances. Here are some others I came across:

I KNIT THEREFORE I AM
KNIT FREE OR DIE
KNITTING A NEW LIFE
PURLS OF WISDOM
JOURNALING THROUGH MY YARN STASH
MY LIFE, MY YARNS
BALLS, SKEINS & HANKS, OH MY!
YARN BABY!
BOUND FOR GLORY
MY LIFE'S YARNINGS

They are all cute in their own way and there are so many out there that are taken like:

WIPS AND CHAINS

I liked that one a whole lot but it belongs to someone else who was smarter than me to think it up!

I also realize that I am going to have to post more pictures or links to them to show my handiwork. No one wants to just talk about knitting and crochet and not see pics! Of course not.

I went ahead and changed the backround and the title will soon follow.

No comments: