Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Presto Chango

Yesterday I took Old Man #2 to the vet to see what was going on with him because after a few weeks on medication he was just getting worse. They took blood and did a thorough exam confirming his back issue that I spoke about a few posts ago. The vet said that she wanted to try a different med along with pain medication. He was so nervous in the exam room that he pooped everywhere. I felt so bad for him because there was no calming him down no matter what I said or did. I was covered with a ton of dog hair not to mention some doggie body fluids which I think I already mentioned. When we got home I immediately gave him a dose of the medication along with the pain medication. I think it helped him a little but he's still not acting right. We will have to wait and see. The blood work will be back tomorrow and that will tell us more about what's going on with his kidneys and liver functions. The Dr. said that he really didn't need blood work but in order for us to get the whole picture of what's going on with him she agreed with me that it was a good idea. My husband and I need to make an informed decision about his healthcare and what our course of action will be if the medication doesn't work. Believe me it's the last thing I want to do at the moment and I don't want to even think about it but if his quality of life is not good and if he is in pain then it's the best decision. Like the title of this post I wish I could wave a magic wand, "Presto Chango" you're all better doggie. Sadly, it doesn't work that way.

Presto Chango happens to be the name of the baby sweater I just finished for a co-worker of my husband who just had a baby boy on March 2nd. I had a lot of left over yarn so I am making the baby hat from LAST MINUTE KNITTED GIFTS. The Grumpy Bear I made a few weeks ago is also going to this baby boy. I used my all time favorite cotton yarn, Blue Sky Organic Cotton in color number 81-Sand. The picture is pretty true to color.
IMG_2884
IMG_2882
IMG_2878
The buttons were purchased at my LYS-Knitting Central. They remind me of my husband with the little hairs sticking up on his head. Oh, I am not being mean, I am being cute! He even laughed when I pointed this out to him. Now I am working on a gift for another baby that was born to another co-worker of his in the fall of 2007 when I had my hand surgery. I never made anything for this baby so I am working on doing so now. I enjoyed knitting the Presto Chango so much that I am contemplating making another one. Since this baby is going to be 6 months soon I am planning on making a 12-18 month size for him so he can wear it through the fall and winter.

I also have a secret project that I can't show a picture of because its for Mother's Day. The other day when I was at my LYS I discovered this gorgeous yarn made by Artyarns and I had to buy it with my Mom in mind. I've been holding myself back from posting a picture because my Mom reads my blog and it would totally ruin it for her. Well, now she knows I am going to make her something but I think she already knew that!

No comments: