Saturday, March 08, 2008

It's My Blogoversary and I'll Cry if I Want Too!

OK, it's my 2 year anniversary of starting this blog and I am very happy about that. I added this neat countdown to my next blogoversary so I can NEVER forget. I always thought that it was spelled blogIversary but apparently I am wrong. The crying part has to do with today being my Dad's birthday and me not having his birthday socks finished! I have until tomorrow to finish them but I am going to try and get them done tonight. I have such a migraine that I can't see straight so I don't know how I am going to do it but I sure as hell am going to give it a try.

Two years have gone by in a flash and it seems like yesterday that I said to myself, self, lets start keeping a record of what's happening with you in a blog. I NEVER in a million years had any idea I would start a blog but looking back its one of the best things I could have done. Initially I started it to keep a record of what I was going through at the time. When I started it on March 8th, 2006 I had just been diagnosed with breast cancer 13 days earlier and a million crazy thoughts about a million things were running through my mind. A blog was the best place to put my story. While going through my surgeries and treatment I discovered the wonderful art of knitting and made the decision to change the name of my blog from "CurlyBrunette's Story of Survival" to "Knit Happens". It opened my eyes to the thousands of knitting and crafting blogs that are out there and to the wonderful people who write them.

I always say to people, I don't know what I would have done if I didn't have knitting in my life. It's very hard for the non-knitter to understand and I don't really expect them to understand it. It's a passion and a HUGE part of who I am and that's how I describe it. It's the best thing that cancer has ever brought to me.

My LYS-Knitting Central is offering 2 classes with one of my favorite sock designer/knitters, Charlene Schurch! The classes are in May and one is on sock design which from the description I think is more for the beginner sock knitter. The other class is on doing different heels and bringing sock design down into the heel instead of just doing your typical heel flap. If I were to pick a class it would be the heel one. I am contemplating whether or not to take them but I have to decide soon before the classes fill up!

Gotta go knit my Dad's socks!

No comments: