Sunday, February 17, 2008

This Little Piggy Went Bowling & This Little Piggy Stayed Home

I'm here, just to busy to blog. Its been a crazy week with no school (winter break) coming up next week. My husband came home sicker than a dog with the flu on Friday. He called from work and left a message on the machine that I couldn't understand. When I came home and called his job they couldn't tell me what was happening. After an extended time on hold they transfered me to the emergency department and I found out what was going on. He told me that he went into the break room because he didn't feel good then started to throw up and double over in pain. One of the doctors came in and saw what was happening and got him to the emergency room. They thought that he was having a gall bladder attack or that his appendix burst. After running a blood tests they did a CAT Scan that showed an inflamed appendix that was still there and the gall bladder was also inflamed but not what they first thought. I was worried that he was going to need surgery and he is still recovering from his anemia due to the GI Bleed he had a month ago. Thats all he would need is a surgery where he would lose more blood! I thanked God that it wasn't that.

After getting 3 liters of fluids he came home. He insisted on driving home himself (typical man) and got into bed to pass out. He literally didn't move for 24 hours. I was his nurse, bringing him Tylenol, Motrin, Gatorade and Ginger Ale. His temp didn't drop past 103 until after he took the Motrin. He was afraid to take it because of the stomach bleed he was being treated for and didn't want to make it worse. Of course it was the only thing that made him feel better so he needed to take it.

Yesterday was my daughters bowling party and my husband was supposed to be there to help with the kids. Unfortunately, he was unable to do this because he was sick. My parents came up to help and thank God they did. My Mom bought the cake, balloons, plates, and utensils so I didn't have to waste time and do that. When my parents arrived I went to the party store with my Mom and bought stuff to make the favor bags for the kids. We originally invited a total of 21 kids which included mine. After getting the RSVP's back (which only 3 people called me out of all those mentioned and I had to call them!) only 13 kids were coming. Most of the kids who didn't come were either on vacation, doing something else or sick. My daughter was disappointed but I told her she would probably have a better time with less kids coming.

Turns out we all had a great time. One little girl who said she was coming didn't show so I bowled in her place. I won't even embarrass myself and mention my number bowled but I will tell you that my 8 year old daughter bowled 125! Even though they had the bumpers up for the kids I still think she did a fabulous job. She didn't really hit the bumpers that much either. I almost forgot to mention that she got 4 Strikes!!!. I couldn't believe it either. Well, thats how she got 125 I guess. Some of the other kids also bowled well getting in the 100's, 90's and high 80's. They were all well behaved and I was very impressed. I had invited the parents to stay and have pizza and cake so a couple of them stayed. It gave my parents something to do also so they chatted with them and had a few beers. Beer at a children's party you say?? God forbid! Get a grip they had A beer and chatted and the kids were oblivious in their bowling frenzy. My son stayed home with my husband because he wasn't behaving all morning and I warned him that if he didn't behave then he wasn't going to bowl. So when he didn't behave I made the decision that he wasn't going. He was pissed beyond belief but what kind of discipline would it be if I gave in to his tantrum? Not good discipline I would say. I think he learned a lesson because when we got home from the party he said that he had been listening to my husband since we left. I reminded him that he has to act that way all the time and not just when he's punished.

Next week the kids are off from school and we are figuring out what we can do with the kids. We are thinking about going to the Aquarium, Ice Skating, Museums, or even Bowling again. Hopefully my husband will feel better so we can do these things. Sorry I don't have pictures this time but I have been knitting a few gifts for people and I don't want to post pictures of them for fear they might see them. My Dad's birthday is actually the same day as my Blogiversary (which is kind of weird) and I decided to make him the same thing I made him last year. What else but SOCKS! He loved the ones I made last year which were made from Artyarns Supermerino in the Thuja pattern from Knitty. This year I am using Ms. Babs Yummy Sport Weight Sock Yarn in the Winebarrel colorway. I fell in love with this yarn when the Woolgirl Sock Club started off their 2007 club year with it as the first yarn to come with the "Waterfalls" kit. He already knows I am making him socks but as long as he doesn't see them its OK for him to read this. He's not really a reader of my blog so I am not worried.

No comments: