Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Beam Me Up... Karl?

I know its been a while and I wont get into why I havent been around because its to complicated. Lets just say life gets in the way and takes precedence over my blogging, I guess. The other night my hubby and I went to the movies and anyone who knows me knows that I am a big Christian Bale fan so the obvious choice would be to go see the new Terminator movie. But wait a gosh darn minute there. I am also a HUGE, HUGE, Star Trek fan and I really wanted to see this movie so we did. Man am I glad I did because in the midst of the movie I realized that the actor playing Leonard "Bones" McCoy was none other than the kiwi actor Karl Urban from movies such as Lord of the Rings, The Bourne Supremacy and The Chronicles of Riddick, just to name a few. Wow is this guy awesome! Every scene that he was in stole the show. He made the perfect "Bones" McCoy, perfect. If you havent seen the movie then GO NOW! I want to see it again, and again. Its also in IMAX so if you can catch it on that BIG screen then go for it. I think I will have to move Mr. Urban to the top of my obsession list. That might mean right above Christian Bale and Damian Lewis! Hard to believe but not so hard when you check out this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ-5Kz7QIio
Its so funny because as a fan of the 1960's Star Trek show Dr. McCoy was my favorite character. I loved when he played that cantankerously funny country doc character off of Spock's always logical character.

In other news, knitting to be exact, I took a bit of a break due to my job and working alot. I would always fall asleep on it and never was getting anywhere with all my projects. I HAVE to finish a baby sweater that I am in the process of finishing up for my son's teacher who had a baby in March. Its a good thing I am making the 12 month size. A few projects I decided to frog instead of finish and just start over. I havent bought yarn, except for the sock clubs I am in and a few skeins I bought to make a tiny cardigan for myself. That is when I finish the tank top I started last spring and a pair of socks.

My YouTube addiction is quite evident with all the videos I have been posting here on my blog. That takes up some time too but most of the time I am on its really late at night and I fall asleep watching on my laptop.


The picture on the left is my 20 year high school reunion. I am last girl on the right side of the stairs with the black dress with flowers. It was such a great reunion and lots of girls came which made it even better. I havent seen most of them for 20 years! Everyones looked great especially their hair! Awesome hair! I hope we all look that good in another 20 years!

No comments: