Monday, April 07, 2008

Serendipity

I finally finished my Rockin' Sock Club Kit from January. Here they are in all their Dragon Dance glory:

IMG_3004
IMG_3000
Specs: January's Rockin' Sock Club Kit, Color: Dragon Dance, Pattern: Serendipity, Needles: Addi Lace Size 1 (2.50mm) 47", Two at a time on one circular.

The only complaint I have about these socks is that I should have made the heels a little wider and not made them so narrow. I dont have pointy heels and I havent met many people who do so I am not sure who this pattern was made for. They do fit well so its not a big complaint. I also wish that I would get less pooling and more striping. When I look at others finished socks I see beautiful striping and all mine has is pooling. Pooling can be pretty too so again its not a major complaint.

Today I frogged the second Presto Chango I was making for a friend of my husbands who had a baby last fall. I wasnt liking the yarn (Cotton Ease by Lion Brand) and how it was coming out in the pattern. I have a million baby patterns and I have to get going on choosing something else to make her. I think I am going to go with something easy like a hat or booties because my list of stuff to make for other babies is way to long.

I received the Yarn Harlot's new book in the mail this weekend from WEBS. I cant believe how fast they delivered it! I called to reserve a copy for the event that they are having with her up there to sign books at the end of the month. I thought I would pick it up then but they mailed it to me instead. Those WEBS people sure are nice. That makes me want to buy more yarn from them! LOL

No comments: